How to Apply

New and continuing students have to apply for financial aid every year. 

In order to be eligible for a federal loan, you must be a U.S citizen or eligible non-citizen, matriculated, enrolled at least half time (six credits) and maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA throughout your graduate studies.

Remember: you must be registered before we can process aid.

Apply for Aid in 8 Steps

Step 1: File your Federal Income Tax Return
In order to file the FAFSA, your completed federal income tax return is required. Please include your spouse’s information if you are married and filed separately. 

Step 2: Create an FSA ID
With a unique FSA ID, you can apply for Financial Aid online. You only need to register once.

Step 3: Complete a FAFSA online on or after October 1st
Visit to complete and submit your FAFSA online. 
Touro College – New York School Code: 010142

Step 4: Review Tuition Costs
The maximum amount of aid applied for in a year cannot exceed the cost of attendance (COA) for that year.

Step 5: Complete the Entrance Interview
First time borrowers must take the complete the Federal Entrance Counseling Interview. It is an online questionnaire that details students’ rights and responsibilities as loan borrowers. Please log in with your PIN at to take the interview. 

Step 6: Complete the  Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN)
First time borrowers applying for a load must complete a Federal Unsubsidized / Graduate Plus loan application at

Step 7: Private/Alternative Loan
Notify the Financial Aid Office of any private or alternative loans you apply for at so that we can certify it.

Step 8: You will receive your final financial aid instructions through your Touro College email.

Notes on Financial Aid

In reviewing your application, we may request additional documentation.

Loan funds are disbursed directly to the College to cover the cost of tuition. The Bursar’s Office distributes refunds within 14 days of receiving the funds.

We verify enrollment and satisfactory academic progress before disbursing funds. For more information on fund distributions, please contact the Bursar at